Laneige WaterBank Gel Cream Review

20:21:00


My holy grail moisturiser would had to be this! I had completed three tubs, and now I am on my fourth tub. I seldom switch moisturisers as I am afraid of pore clogging heavy creams in the market. Although so, these days I feel my skin is more stabilised and I might wanna try other brands of moisturisers. But still, I really love this and would definitely go back to this anytime! Plus I had used 4 tubs?! I ain't kidding!


What is it:
1. Hydrates and Locks in Moisture
With Hydro Ionized Mineral Water and Biogen technology, the lightweight gel cream delivers long-lasting moisture while strengthening skin’s natural moisture barrier to lock in hydration.
2. Cools and Soothes Skin
Contains Winter Cypress Polysaccharide extract that cools and soothes skin upon application, lowering skin temperature by 2.4°C*.
* Tested on skin in high temperatures to verify 2.4°C drop in skin surface temperature. Test conducted by IEC Korea Co., Ltd. Test period was on December 5, 2013 on 22 adult female subjects.

Experience long-lasting hydration with Water Bank.



Water Bank's Secret Moisturizing Recipe:
> Hydro Ionized Mineral Water
Infuses six moisturizing minerals to deeply hydrate and circulate essential moisture while improving moisture retention.
> Quinoa Extract
Widely known to be rich in vitamins A, C and E, quinoa extract nourishes and hydrates skin.
> Olive Squalane
Micro-sized botanical oil particles absorb quickly into skin to strengthen the moisture barrier, helping to lock in moisture.
> Tillandsia Extract
Rich in betaine, which helps to draw and retain moisture, Tillandsia extract replenishes moisture.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Dimethicone, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Dicaprylyl Ether, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sucrose Polystearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Urea, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Tribehenin, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

*Irritants in red.


Normal to combination skin stated and I have really oily skin hence I picked up the gel type version. The scent was kinda strong when I first opened the product. It's Laneige's standard perfume smell - you will know it if you had ever tried a Laneige product. It's a nice scent but fragrance seems a little too much still. Having said that, I am too used to the smell that it no longer affects me at all now.


My first impression was: Omo, will this clog my pores! It looks so thick and heavy.
I was skeptical at first cause of the texture and feel. I compared the texture back to the first moisturiser I tried from Innisfree (The Green Tea Fresh Cream) and the Laneige one was so much heavier.


Guess what. I was wrong. This may look heavy but was actually not when spread evenly.


They gave a spatula for each tub but honestly, I am not a spatula person. I decant it into a squeezed silicon bottle and pasted some cute stickers on it, personalisation. But still, if you think your hands are always clean before applications, you may dip your fingers in then but I wouldn't recommend that.


I scooped too much, you wouldn't need this much. Applying too much may feel heavy. That's because your skin cannot absorb. A thin layer would do the trick. The tub can last 3-4 months for me, I use it twice, day and night.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Hydrates and Locks in Moisture
With Hydro Ionized Mineral Water and Biogen technology, the lightweight gel cream delivers long-lasting moisture while strengthening skin’s natural moisture barrier to lock in hydration.
After long term usage, my skin looks so plumped up! Hydration can be seen definitely. I have an extremely dry patch on my jaw area and it didn't work there but I wouldn't blame this as, that area was pretty severely damaged. Improvement was defintely seen there though.
Claim 2: Cools and Soothes Skin
Contains Winter Cypress Polysaccharide extract that cools and soothes skin upon application, lowering skin temperature by 2.4°C*.
I love love love to use this as it's very cooling and it set slight matt. Whenever my serum or mask essence is too sticky, I would slap this on and it would be less sticky. My skin feels like a baby. Yes, BABY.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Laneige packaging looks promising as usual, the tub is of a pretty blue hue and made of glass. It's really heavy which isn't suitable to bring around especially when you are travelling. You can decant it. Futhermore, tubs are always very unhygienic. 

| Smell |
~ Laneige fragrance, their products mostly smells the same.

| Color? |
~ White.

| Pros |
~ No allergic reactions.
~ Cooling & Soothing.
~ Slight mattifying.
~ Baby skin feeling upon application.
~ Hydration seen after long term usage.
~ Solid packaging, feels of good quality.

| Cons | 
The ingredients list contains a few acne irritant ingredients. You might wanna patch test first just in case.  >click this to check< 
~ Contains propylene glycol which can forms CCs.
~ The tub is heavy and not convenient to bring around.
~ Price point $52 may be high for some. Its like $1 for an ml.

| Would I buy this again? |
Yes I would love to! Repurchasing is a definite yes! The reason I might change a moisturiser is not because this isn't good but I just wanted try other brands and see if they can do as well as this.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Laneige, Causeway Point Metro Counter.

| Ratings on this product |
5/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments