Innisfree Green Tea Fresh Essence Review

00:40:00


This was one of the bottle of essence I gotten from Innisfree when I just started my AB journey. Sorry if this post came a little late, I did like this but didn't realized that I hadn't blog about it yet. I emptied my last bottle for quite some time ago. In the past, I tend to use this particular one until I emptied it, try something new, but eventually still went back for this again. Used to love this one dearly. Back then my skin was really sensitive and red hence I was really wary of the products I try on.

* Image credit: http://kpoptown.com/shop298397/cosmetic/innsfree/360new.jpg

What it is:
Oily Type: A fresh essence for deep hydration and nourishment made from green tea and green tea seeds

A moisturizing and nourishing essence with eco-friendly Jeju fresh green tea & green tea seeds More moisturizing and refreshing than ever before!

1. Rich in amino acids and minerals, green tea from Jeju's own green tea leaves keeps your skin moisturized.
2. It applies smoothly on the skin, leaving your face fresh and soft without any stickiness.
3. The clove flower extract inside controls sebum and keeps your skin smooth without excessive shine.

*Product suggestions for the 3 most common types of skin
- oily skin: The green tea fresh line
- combination skin: The green tea balancing line
- dry skin: The green tea moisture line
- special moisturizing and nourishing care line: The green tea seed line.


Ingredients:
 The Green Tea Extract (82.3%), Propanediol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-240/ /HDI Copolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Tangerine Extract, Orange Extract, Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polysorbate20, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance
What it doesn't have:
5 free system: parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, imidazolidinyl urea.


It's a vacuum pump type bottle and the plastic bottle may look opaque but when placed under the light, you are able to see how much product is left.

I had blogged on the Green Tea Fresh Skin Toner here and Green Tea Fresh Cream here.


When dispensed, it's a white gel-like appearance.


When spreaded out, it looks and feels really lightweight. No heaviness nor stickiness!

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Rich in amino acids and minerals, green tea from Jeju's own green tea leaves keeps your skin moisturized. 
Everytime after application, I felt like my skin is so fresh and hydrated. Btw, green tea consist of alot of antioxidants and is really good for skin soothing too.
Claim 2: It applies smoothly on the skin, leaving your face fresh and soft without any stickiness.
Yes, I really love the finishing. For my oily skin, I hate it when products on my face feels sticky and heavy. This one absorbs into my skin without any stickiness.
Claim 3: The clove flower extract inside controls sebum and keeps your skin smooth without excessive shine. 
Hmm, I only see minimal oil balancing effect. My face would be oily still in the day.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Plastic bottle with a vacuum pump dispenser, able to see through. Comes with a recycled box packaging. The cap gets loose when I accidentally drop it on the floor. 

| Smell |
~ Quite heavily fragranced. Green Tea scent.  

| Color? |
~ White, Colorless upon blending out. Jelly Gel like.

| Pros |
~ Didn't led to additional breakouts.
~ Minimal Oil Control.
~ Suitable for oily skin, no stickiness.
~ Refreshing and cooling.
~ Did not worsen my acne and redness.
~ No Alcohol.
~ Soothing, redness calming.
The ingredients list has 1 listed irritants. You might wanna patch test first just in case. Other than that, the list looks pretty safe.  >click this to check< 

| Cons | 
~ Too heavily fragranced.
~ Not a must to have in my routine after trying out many other products of the same kind.

| Would I buy this again? |
In the past, I would always repurchase this since I don't really know much about other kbeauty brands. However, for now I might not be repurchasing as there are many more green tea essence, serums around that I would like to explore. Although saying so, it's really gentle on my skin though. The finishing is comfortable for oily skin type like mine and it soothes my redness well too. Green Tea never goes wrong as usual.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Innisfree, Takashimaya.

| Ratings on this product |
3/5 Hearts.
In the past I had rated it a 4/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments