Hanyul Pure Sunscreen Review

02:58:00


Hello readers, I hope you had been doing well! I had not been blogging regularly recently cause of lots of ongoing things but I promise, I will be back! This week, I am back with a sunscreen review. I am pretty picky over sunscreen as the wrong one would break me out badly. Just to add on, I am about to empty this, hence I would like to share my thoughts on it.


Claims:
• The gentle sun cream can be used on sensitive skin as its ingredient of Elm Extract provides moisture and soothes skin.
• The inorganic UV protectant protects skin from sunlight by forming an even, smooth protection film over the surface of skin.
(4 kinds of tests completed, free of 8 kinds of harmful ingredients)

What is Elm Extract?
Also known as Slippery elm (Ulmus fulva), it has been used as an herbal remedy in North America for centuries. Native Americans used slippery elm in healing salves for wounds, boils, ulcers, burns, and skin inflammation. It was also taken orally to relieve coughs, sore throats, diarrhea, and stomach problems.

In short, it helps inflammations!


It comes in SPF30/PA++, 50ml.

How to use:
Use at the last step of basic skincare. Apply an appropriate amount on areas exposed to UV rays such as face and neck.
Apply a small amount several times to prevent white streaks.


The product comes with a seal when I unscrewed the cap. The packaging gave me the sulwhasoo impression.


Seal removed.


I would say, the ingredient list was pretty neat. Mostly in greens with only a few yellows and nothing dangerous.


Let's move on to the swatch. It leaves a slight white cast - which I like. It helps to even out my uneven, red skintone. It might not suit darker skin tones. So your mileage may vary on the cast part.


Here's a clearer view. The more cream applied, the whiter and obvious the cast would be.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: The gentle sun cream can be used on sensitive skin as its ingredient of Elm Extract provides moisture and soothes skin.
This is really, perfect for my sensitive skin. I understand it's only SPF30, but the lower the SPF, the less irritating it would be. I can safely say, it did not irritate my existing acnes and pimples, hence I feel my mind at ease whenever I reach out for this suncream.
Claim 2: The inorganic UV protectant protects skin from sunlight by forming an even, smooth protection film over the surface of skin.
Although it is not watery but it spreads out very well. I dot it all over my face and pat it out. It's very easy to spread out and I don't face the problem of the cream getting stuck in my pores. It's not drying so it didn't cake or ball up. Skin looks brighter and even out. Love it!

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Very minimal packaging. Simple white and blue box. The tube and is made of good quality material. It instantly reminds me of Sulwhasoo snowise cleansing foam ex.

| Smell |
~ Slight fragrance with a medicinal hint.

| Color? |
~ White.

| Pros |
~ I like how it evens out my skintone, just like a tone up cream.
~ Non sticky, non oily.
~ Safe ingredient list, did not irritate my acne prone skin.
~ Stays well under my makeup. It did not mess up my make up, thankfully!
~ Affordable and comes with a reasonable amount (50ML)
~ Not drying.

| Cons | 
~ SPF30, might not be enough for outdoors.

| Would I buy this again? |
I can't wait to repurchase this when I go to Seoul! I would like to try out the other suncream in SPF50 too. This worked really well for me, the sadness hit me when I was about to finish the tube :(
If you do not mind suncreams with a white cast, this may be for you. If not, it might be a miss.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Shopee SG.

| Ratings on this product |
4.5/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments